Name: Georgie Koutouzis
Occupation: Freelance Resin Artist
Business Name: Georgie K Design
1. Can you tell us a bit about the types of products you make?
I specialise in creating functional resin products for people to use and cherish forever, ranging from serving boards to home decor and more!
2. What motivated you to start making these types of products?
I have always been a hands on and creative person. I was sick of working a 9 to 5 job and thought I would pursue my passion for art and turn what would usually be an ordinary product into a one-of-a-kind item that you can’t just buy in the shops.
3. What products and tools do you use when making your products?
Besides Clearpox epoxy resin, I also use alcohol ink, powders and pigment pastes to add colour. Thanks to my father who has taught me to use a variety of tools, I also make use of sanders, drills, buffing/polishing machines as well as saws. And of course: some good old elbow grease!
4. Why do you use epoxy resin for your business Georgie K Design?
The possibilities and creations are endless. Using resin gives you a chance to use your full creative potential. It’s beautiful and long lasting!
5. Why is Clearpox your choice of epoxy resin?
I was sick of using resin that was full of bubbles which would ruin my work. When I found Clearpox, I was blown away with the lack of bubbles, the crystal clear clarity and glass finish which really enhanced my work!
6. Do you have any tips or tricks you can give our readers when using epoxy resins?
Take your time and don’t rush. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, and don’t give up when things go wrong. Resin is tricky and can test your patience but it is also so mesmerising.
7. What other artists inspire you at the moment?
I am super inspired by resin artist Banu Demiral and wood workers Hey Bluey Woodworking from Adelaide Australia.